Exciting times lie ahead for the City of Sonoma as it proudly announces the appointment of its new City Manager, David Guhin, with the assistance of WBCP, Inc. Guhin brings nearly two decades of government leadership experience including 18+ years at the City of Santa Rosa holding several leadership roles as Director of Santa Rosa Water, Director of Planning and Economic Development, Interim Director of Transportation and Public Works, and finally four years as Assistant City Manager. Just prior to joining the City of Sonoma, Guhin spent nearly three years as the Executive Director of Government Operations for the Federated Indians of Graton Rancheria.
As the newly appointed City Manager of Sonoma, Guhin is tasked to lead upcoming exciting projects and initiatives for the City, including:
- Building strong and effective relationships with external agencies in the region
- Increasing communication with the community
- Working closely with City Council and the City’s Executive Management team to increase collaboration and effectiveness
- Researching, securing, and administering grant funding available to California cities to assist in the funding of City programs and projects
- Working collaboratively with local businesses
- Focusing on housing and zoning codes to help address fair and affordable housing for residents
By addressing these key areas, Guhin will be instrumental in propelling Sonoma’s growth and development while ensuring the well-being and prosperity of its residents.
With David Guhin’s energetic leadership, strong regional knowledge, and a clear vision for the future, Sonoma is poised to forge strong regional partnerships, revolutionize communication, unlock grant opportunities, foster collaboration with local businesses, and create a fair and affordable housing landscape.
Congratulations to David Guhin and the City of Sonoma!